Hawa Yahia Mire is our NDP candidate for York South—Weston, so it’s important that we do this together. It will take all of us as volunteers, as donors and most importantly as ambassadors, coming to the town halls, and sharing your experiences of what you dream of for YSW.
You can join us by receiving our newsletter which will have vital community info and opportunities to connect with us. You can also volunteer to help us hear from the people of York South-Weston and get the word out.
Volunteers are a critical part of our people-powered campaign now as we build towards the election. This includes connecting with community members in York South-Weston and hearing what matters to them, fundraising to help support our campaign efforts, participating in community events and more.
If this sounds like you, sign up and join us and other progressive voices in fighting for York South—Weston.
Staying Safe from COVID while Volunteering
Your health and safety is our number one priority, and we are dedicated to making sure you can volunteer with us in a way that considers your unique concerns and needs. When you sign-up be sure to let us know if there is anything we can do to support you in this experience.
Please be assured that we are following the guidance of public health officials as quickly and closely as we can, especially amid concerns that cases continue to grow in our community, city and country.
Here are some additional precautions we will put into place both before and during an election campaign:
- Wherever recommended by public health officials our canvassing will be done over the phone
In the event that it is deemed safe enough to do door-to door canvassing we will:
- Provide volunteers with gloves, masks and hand sanitizers
- Focus on individual houses instead of apartment or condo-style living units
- All of our volunteers will be provided gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer as they do literature drops and other less risky outreach around our community
- Physical distancing will always be observed, even with masks for the utmost risk mitigation
- We will meet with volunteers in public, open, outdoor places with good ventilation.
- We’re keeping diligent contact records, logging contact information of volunteers and stakeholders, hours and where people were.
- All campaign staff and volunteers must download the official COVID-19 Alert app and have it operational while conducting campaign work.